Dr. T. Logeswari
Head of the Department, BCA
Our College is one of the premier institutions, unique like a prism reflecting the manifold shades of learning and co-curricular activities. The department of Computer Science believes that this approach to teaching-learning, coupled with practical experience gained during Industrial Training in reputed organizations, equips our students to handle the challenges posed by the software industry.
We strongly encourage innovation in research, in teaching and in service to the profession, the local community and industry. Our faculty and students are constantly striving to excel and to advance the state of the art in Computer Science. The strength of the department is highly motivated students who understand the dynamics of the industry and upgrade their skills accordingly
The Department of Commerce has recorded consistent improvement in its academic, cultural, sports and placement. It offers a range of innovatively designed programs whose curriculum are constantly updated to meet the changing requirement of the industry and also to meet the needs of major stakeholders.
We believe that our students have been well accepted in their job profiles and have consistently exceeded expectations of the corporate world.
During study at the department, the students are encouraged to get hands-on experience in the corporate world through internship projects with reputed organizations.
We encourage our students to organize events such as Sargam, Commerce fest & to participate in Commerce events organized by various colleges and to get involved in activities of social relevance.
With all these inputs one finds our students hardworking, practical-oriented and effective in any work environment. We are confident that our current curriculum has enabled overall development of budding Commerce professionals to meet the expectations of the corporate world. The curriculum is taught by a team of distinguished faculty combining academic excellence and real world experience with dedication and commitment.
On behalf of the Department of Commerce I welcome you to be a part of our journey towards being a world class centre of excellence in education and training. We extend our best wishes for achieving greater success and setting new heights in the coming session. To be successful in life ‘have ambitions and define your goals clearly’, be regular to your classes and focus on your goals.
New Horizon College is one of the BEST B.Com Colleges in Bangalore NHCK ranked amongst the top B.Com colleges in Bangalore
New Horizon College is one of the BEST BCA Colleges in Bangalore NHCK ranked amongst the top BCA colleges in Bangalore
To impart quality education in the field of computer science and produce competent graduates with moral values committed to build a vibrant nation.
To imbibe students with technical knowledge and skill sets to meet the challenges of the industry.
To provide students with latest knowhow to solve the complex problems of the digital era.
To integrate knowledge that fosters lifelong learning and ethical values.
Department of BCA
The Department of Computer Application (BCA) visualizes imparting high distinction skills in software Development to excel in Software Industry and to train the students to develop the soft skills with global standards and enhance their knowledge in Information Technology.
The BCA department aims to develop academically competent and professionally motivated personals, equipped with objective and critical thinking that compassionately foster the scientific temper with a sense of social responsibility.
The BCA Department aims at providing high quality training to students through the latest and best in computer technology. In order to maintain the standard of education, the BCA department constantly upgrades the academic syllabi so as to keep the students well trained to deal with changing trends in the field of Computer Science and Technology.
The BCA department has a good record, as many students have been placed in reputed IT Companies through campus placement. The curriculum and the lab training help the students in acquiring excellence in their career.
The Hallmark of BCA Department is its stable, qualified, experienced and committed team of faculty members. The BCA department has a well-administered laboratory and a well-stocked library, with a successful track record of placement.
The BCA department also focuses on extra-curricular activities and encourages students to participate in various activities in-house as well as external.
TEACHING AND LEARNING
Teaching and Learning are two sides of the same coin and need to join if the entire process has to synthesize in order to bring about desired changes in the effective pattern of understanding and learning by a student.
At present, we merge traditional use of the Chalk board with latest technology to disseminate knowledge to the students of the Institution. We also encourage the use of various media like the Over Head Projector, Slide Projectors, etc.
- The use of traditional methods of teaching coupled with technology makes the programme more student centric. Activities like Group Discussions, Seminars, Symposia, Quiz etc., makes for the better understanding of the subject at hand. Students are exposed to various channels of the electronic media, Guest lectures, Special Instructional Programmes, Gyan Darshan and Experts talk to ignite the young minds and to influence them for perfect learning.
- Special instructional programmes such as Tutorials, Remedial Coaching and Mentoring System are being practiced at an individual level to help slow learners and non performers.
- Internal Quality Assurance Cells (IQAC) is established to monitor and review the academic progress. Students’ performance is assessed through Assignments, Unit Tests, Term End Internal Examinations, while teachers’ performance is monitored through Self Appraisal Reports and Academic Performance Indicators.
- The Institution also meticulously plans and organizes updated teaching schedule with the given inputs for the benefit of the teaching and learning community.
- Students centered methods like review, questioning, quizzing, deliberations on the subject are all an integral part of the pedagogy adopted by the faculty.
- Experiential learning, Participative learning, problem solving methodologies are used to enhance learning experiences.
- Latest technologies, namely e-learning, are used by the faculty for effective teaching.
- The learning environment is conducive for critical thinking, creativity and scientific temper.
- The Institution follows a mentor – mentee system to meet the academic and personal needs of students.
- The Institution gives due recognition to innovative and creative contributions of its faculty and students.
- Project / Field experiences are integrated into the learning programmes.
- The teaching – learning process is enhanced by the constructive feedback given to teachers on their teaching methodology.
The institution’s internal evaluation system is one such methodology adopted to identify an advanced learner. Certain mechanisms which identify their learning needs are based on the students’ curiosity to explore new avenues which is identified by their questioning skills, learning ability and quest for learning.
These advanced learners would be dealt separately and individual special attention is given to them. Over and above the curriculum taught, attempts are made to provide them with additional input, knowledge, curriculum for learning etc., by way of modules, subject, projects, skill development with hands on experience etc., so that these learners are benefitted in the process.
The support structures and systems available for teachers to develop skills for interactive learning are seminars, topic based discussions, subjective role plays, debating etc., which play an important role in the further fuelling of a students’ curiosity.
Live and vestibule projects are used for collaborative learning and group learning which helps the student in individual learning by preparing notes, assignments, participating in group discussions, activity based learning programme like exhibition, case study analysis, research activities and through presenting papers.
The institution provides various platforms for students to participate in live projects, workshops, Value added practical’s within the campus to ensure that students are always innovative and practical in approach.
Keeping in mind these two perspectives the value added courses such as CA coaching, CAT coaching, Tally, Global Certification, Foreign Educational Tour and Soft Skills , PDP, Capital marketing, CISCO , Jet king and CPT are provided along with the prescribed course of the University.
CO-CURRICULAR AND EXTENSION ACTIVITIES
A student will opt for one of the following activities offered by the college, in each of the first four semesters of the undergraduate programmes. The activity carries a credit each and will be internally assessed for 50 marks. The following may include the CC & EC (Co-curricular and Extension activities)
- S.S. / N.C.C
- Sports and Games
- Physical Education or Activities related to Yoga
- Field studies / Industry Implant Training
- Involvement in campus publication
- Publication of articles in news papers, magazines or other publications
- Community work such as promotion of National Integrity, Environment, Human rights and duties, Peace, Civic sense etc.
- A Small project work concerning the achievements of India in various fields
- Evolution of study groups/seminar circles on Indian thoughts and ideas
- Involvement in popularization programmes such as scientific temper
- Activity exploring different aspects of Indian civilizations
- Computer assisted/web-based learning and e-library skills
- Innovative compositions and creations in music, performing and visual arts etc.
Evaluation of Co & Extra Curricular Activities shall be as per the drawn proposition and guidelines of the course / activities.
Program Educational Objectives
Graduates will be able to:
- Achieve professional competency in the field of computer science.
- Pursue higher education and constantly upgrade their technical skills.
- Demonstrate concern for the society and work towards its betterment.
Program Specific Outcomes
Students will be able to:
- PSO 1: Demonstrate basic knowledge of computer application and apply standard practice in software project development.
- PSO 2: Design and develop complex systems in the areas of Big data, IOT, Machine learning, & Image processing.
PROGRAM OUTCOME & COURSE OUTCOME
Program Specific Outcomes
Students will be able to:
- PSO 1: Demonstrate Progressive learning of various tax issues and tax forms related to individuals and business and setting up their own business start up.
- PSO 2: To prove themselves in different Professional examinations like CA, CS, CAT, GRE, CMA, MPSC, UPSC etc.
Program Outcome & Course Outcome
Part 1 – Languages
Part 2 – Optional
Part 1 – Languages
Financial Accounting and Management
CPU Scheduling Chapter 3
Deadlock Chapter 5
File System Chapter 8, 9, 10
Memory Management Chapter 6
Paging Segmentation Chapter 6
Process Synchronization Chapter 4
Virtual Memory Chapter 7
Chapter 4 – Deadlock Important Questions
Chapter 5 – Memory Important Questions
Chapter 6 – Virtual Memory Important Questions
Chapter 7, 8, 9, 10 – File System Important Questions